To be frank, Canvas A110 is one of the prime phone in Indian Market, has really good specs. But again, not much online community support available for the device, and hence lot of running around on the net to get things fixed.
I was helping a friend to upgrade a JB from the stock ICS.
Found few good posts with bunch of ROMs, I looked at the comments on those posts, and found one that felt safe to go with. Unfortunately, the preloader was not correct and it left me with a phone that wouldnt breath at all. Not even when trying to Hard Reset.
This post sounded very much helpful but it needed electronic parts like wire and resistor to be hooked with the USB cable. NEGATIVE!
Finally, here is what worked. Hope this helps some one and saves some time or even a trip to the service center (which is always not in your city!)
- Take off the battery and leave the phone for some time untouched.
- Meantime, uninstall any drivers you may have installed previously.
- Restart the computer to make sure the uninstall is in effect.
- Install the drivers again. for A110, I took these drivers.
- You need SP tool. Get it from HERE.
- Download a proper ROM. Make sure its just for your particular model. For A110, I took these.
- OPEN SP tool.
- CLICK ScatterLoading and select the MT6577_Android_scatter_emmc.txt file
- Click firmware->upgrate option in SPTool.
- Connect the phone, make sure its switched off (in my case, I had already lost it,
o it was dead already)
- If the drivers are installed properly, it will search for the drivers and install it automatically, and along with all right tech, if you are in luck, the SPtool will start installing the ROM.
- I faced an error : BROM ERROR: S_PART_NO_VALID_TABLE(1037).
- It simply meant that the partition is not ready. (in the first attempt, when i used a wrong ROM, it had damaged the partition already.)
- In this case, use Download option rather than Firmware Upgrade. And it works.